Membership at three levels
Membership at three levels opens the opportunity to choose a specific membership within the International Delphic Council – except the Honorary Membership – with its respective rights and obligations meeting at most the member’s desire – i.e.
-National Delphic Council (NDC) – Full Member
-Regional Delphic Clubs (RDC) – Associated Members
-Individual Member (IM) – Local individuals
Membership at all levels is designed to be inclusive, not exclusive or discriminatory. However, particularly in cultural areas, some people prefer freedom of association based on the common positive values of shared heritage. Therefore, newly formed Delphic Clubs, or existing organizations ‘Designated’ as a ‘Delphic Club’ and retaining their existing name, may be composed of individuals and organizations.
For more detailed information please request the “How to become a Delphic Member” Guideline.
National Delphic Council (NDC)
The basic principles for the founding of a National Delphic Council (NDC) are the Statutes and Bye-Laws of the International Delphic Council. The respective extracts are reflected in the “How to become a Delphic Member” Guideline containing Rights and Obligations. Based on this principle the following way for membership in the IDC is granted:
Honoured and well-known public personalities of the respective country are founding - according national law - a National Delphic Council (NDC). The procedure to found a NDC could / should be carried out in following steps:
- Research for a highly honoured and well-known Founding-Personality related to Arts, Culture, Youth, Politics, Education, Economy, and / or Tourism, able to invite successfully the decision makers of the country.
- At this Information-Meeting those personalities should be present which would be interested to participate as founding member of the NDC. The success of a future NDC is directly depending on the acceptance within the society and the far-sighted "Founding mothers and fathers".
- The founding of a National Delphic Council (NDC) should be established in that a structure which allows an organic growth and a national expenditure within a country.
- The implementation of a NDC as public benefit Non-Governmental organisation (NGO) has to be carried out carefully, according the IDC Statutes properly registered according national legal requirements.
- After registration of the National Delphic Council (NDC) a certified set of documents by a notary, i.e. statutes, registration, as well as the founding protocol (translated into English) has to be forwarded to the IDC.
- After the reception of the documents they will be reviewed by the IDC and the official membership announced - as far as no objections are considered.
The most significant Rights and Obligations are stated in the IDC Statutes and the IDC Bye-Laws, i.e. to acknowledge the International Delphic Council as highest Authority, to participate in the Delphic Games / Junior Delphic Games every two years and its Membership Sessions, participation in Commissions and meetings as well the payment of the symbolic Membership fee.
Regional Delphic Club (RDC)
Regional Delphic Clubs or ‘Designated Delphic Clubs’, duly organized as non-profit or not-for-profit, non-governmental, governmental and educational organizations in which the majority of members are individuals, which
- are established on a city, province or regional basis
- have the status of legal persons or entities, whether new or existing, in their respective legal jurisdictions within countries recognized by the United Nations Organization (UNO), but which countries do not have a National Delphic Council (NDC) recognized by the IDC of which the Delphic Club may become a member;
- have guiding principles, purposes, activities, charter, by-laws, statutes and/or government mandate or commission or other governmental document of creation and authorization if such organization is a government agency or legal instrument of a government body, which are, in the sole opinion of the Executive Board of the IDC, supportive of and compatible with the principles, purposes, goals and activities of the IDC and its Charter and By-Laws;
- are active organizations
- which Clubs may be composed of individuals and/or organizations associated by common cultural interests, or geographical membership in which membership is open to groups and individuals representing all cultures and ethnic groups within their specific membership area.
- Such groups must have the minimum number of legal entity and individual members required for either: (a) admission to direct membership in the IDC as a Regional Delphic Club or ‘Designated Delphic Club’ or, (b) to retain direct membership in the IDC after a Pro Tempore Admission at an Entry Level in accordance with standards established by resolution of the Executive Board of the IDC, or in the absence thereof, shall consist of a minimum of:
- Twenty-Five (25) Individual Members plus one (1) Legal Entity Organization Member for Pro Tempore admission, and
- Forty (40) Individual Members plus two (2) Legal Entity Organization Members after One (1) year to retain direct Membership
- Such existing groups may elect to change their name to Delphic Club, or retain their name and be designated a Delphic Club, and be further identified by a geographic area.
Individual Member (IM)
Local, Individuals & Corresponding Member may become a cultural organization or a festival or an individual person of a country where no National Delphic Council exists and or with whom IDC is interested to have relations.
Local, Individuals & Corresponding Member must observe and realize the aims and decisions of IDC on the basis of the Delphic Statutes and internal regulations.
Becoming a Local, Individual or Corresponding Member – is depending on individuals acting as representatives and being dedicated and informing about the Delphic Games Idea. Their personal circumstances, connections are the base to introduce the Delphic Games to their networks. There can be more than one Local, Individuals & Corresponding Member within one country representing the Delphic Movement.
Please free to contact us for any queries.
Regional Clubs / local Individuals
Backbone of the Delphic Movement
The local/regional, or Delphic Club level, allows direct participation of individual members in every aspect of activity, and is the ‘grassroots’ foundation on which the national and international levels are based.
The Regional Delphic Clubs (RDC) and individuals are the backbone of the Delphic Movement and in particular of the Delphic Games – at every level.
They will give the National Delphic Council its structure and will assist the Delphic Movement to flourish and to spread out internationally. It is a great advantage for existing organisations, Arts Councils and Federations to become a Regional Delphic Clubs (RDC) and with this connecting / linking into one practical network serving arts, culture, education, tourism, media, entertainment and is activities and businesses – to form a successful structure as can be seen in the world of Sports.
Therefore the International Delphic Council has in mind to establish a practical cultural network reaching out towards every level within society by its
Delphic Art Categories:
- Musical Arts & Sounds
- Performing Arts
- Language Arts
- Visual Arts
- Social Arts & Communication
- Ecological Arts & Architecture
Look into Art Categories & Disciplines …………….
Linking with Non Governmental Structures i.e.
- - Art Departments of Universities
- - Schools
- - Culture Agencies
- - Arts Institutes
- - Federations
- - Entertainment Media
- - Art Festivals
- - Art Competitions
- - etc
Governmental Structures i.e.
- - Arts Councils
- - Cultural Institutes
- - Departments of Foreign Affairs
- - Department of Education
- - Department of Culture
- - Departments of Tourism
- - etc
- - Artists
- - Pedagogues
- - Jurors
- - Arts Management
- - Museum & Heritage
- - Art Directors
- - Festival Organisers
- - Art Competition organisers
- - etc.
Get in touch and register yourself with us ……….